Saturday, November 1, 2014

It's Turkey Time! - Fall Painting Craft

It's going to be Thanksgiving soon, so what better Fall painting craft to do with my boys than the classic hand print turkeys? This was Little K's first time painting, so it was an interesting experience for him. T-Rex loves to paint now, so if I ask him if he wants to paint the answer is always "Mmm Hmm!!" I am waiting for him to point to the paints some day and ask if he can paint before I bring it up!



First, I traced their hands. It was a little difficult because toddlers and babies have squirmy hands. I think I still did a pretty good job. These are T-Rex's hands.

Then it was time to paint. In hindsight, I probably should have drawn the turkey features on T-Rex's turkey first. I should have known he'd cover the whole paper. I will have to draw the face on the other turkey after it dries.


T-Rex's final product

For Little K, I just put a little paint on the paper and let him smear it around. Next time, I think I'll tape the paper to his table because he kept trying to pick it up and eat it!


Little K's final product

I sure love painting with my boys! I love how each of the paintings are so unique to them. I just let them do their own thing and it turns out so cute every time. I loathe cookie cutter art that all looks the same!
Take some time and try this old classic with your little ones. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment