Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review: Organic Outreach for Families: Turning Your Home Into A Lighthouse by Kevin G. Harney and Sherry Harney



As a Christian, I know that it is important and necessary for me to spread God's light throughout my community. The problem has always been, "how do I do this?" It's hard to talk about God at my job (and I can get in trouble for it too!). So how and where can I share God's light? Organic Outreach for Families discusses some practical ways you can turn your home into a lighthouse. It starts with your children. Raise them up in the way they should go and teach them to be God's light to others. This book gives some tips on how to help your children learn about God and share Him with others. It also talks about inviting people in to your home which I think has been the most difficult part for me. I invite people in and I try to be as inviting as possible, but people just don't come. I was hoping that this book would explain a little more about how to get them to come, but it does not really. It does talk about how to make your home welcoming, but if people just won't come in to your home it's hard to know what else you can do.
I did like the chapter about spreading God's word to people in your family. I know there are some people in my family that I would like to know God better. I don't know too well what's going on in their lives and I think I should be closer with them anyway. Maybe this is my opportunity to do so.
All in all, this is a book with some great starting off points if you want to outreach to your community and your family and "turn your home into a lighthouse."


I receive these books free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

1 comment:

  1. Home is where it all begins. So that's a great starting off place. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete