Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Bound Together by Chris Brauns


When reading the byline of this book "how we are tied to others in good and bad choices," I thought it would be an interesting topic to explore. Upon reading this book, I discovered that it tells me something I already know. The negative way we are all bound together is through Adam's sin, which in turn made us all corrupt by nature. The positive side is that these bonds were broken and new bonds were created with Christ when he died for us. These are the new bonds that bind us together. This is great news!

The great news discussed above is revealed within the first three chapters of the book. In my opinion, the book could have stopped after three chapters. In the later chapters, I found this book dry. It reminded me of philosophy texts I had to read in college. This book may be ideal for a theological scholar (which I am not) or a pastor trying to get some ideas for a sermon on this topic, but I did not find it at all interesting. I'm surprised I read as much as I did. I may look up some of the Bible passages the author referenced, but other than that this book was not appealing to me at all.

I receive these books free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment