Monday, February 24, 2014

My Favorite Childrens Programs

As a mother of a seven year old, a toddler and a two month old, it can sometimes be difficult to get things done without one or the other demanding my attention. I try not to be one of those moms who parks her kids in front of the TV, but every once in a while a distraction is needed. Here are my favorite children's programs for my kids.

Wild Kratts – PBS
Wild Kratts focuses on the Kratt brothers, who go on adventures to explore the “creature powers” of many different animals. Each episode starts out with the Kratt brothers introducing a particular animal. It then changes into a cartoon where the Kratts go on crazy adventures and make creature suits so they can use the powers of those particular creatures and experience their world. My seven year old loves this show.

Image credit www.animationmagazine.net

Sesame Street - PBS
Who doesn't love Sesame Street? I remember watching this show as a child. My daughter watched it when she was little. She loved Elmo! I don't think my son has really identified his favorite character yet. My favorite part of this show recently is the celebrity appearances. Athletes, actors, singers, you name it, they are on Sesame Street. My husband said that he thinks you know you've made it when they ask you to be on Sesame Street.

Here are some of my favorites:
Bruno Mars – Don't Give Up
Will.i.am – What I Am
Jim Parsons – Arachnid
And, my daughter's favorite – Pentatonix Counts (& Sings) To Five


Peg + Cat - PBS

Peg and her amazing cat solve problems and teach kids about math concepts. It's a great show full of music and humor. Peg and her cat sure get in some silly situations! My favorite part? When Raomne steps in to help, he always ends with “I do what I can!”

Image credit www.iptv.org

I am all about PBS! What are some of your favorite kids' shows?

14 comments:

  1. I've never seen Peg and Cat but my son and I still watch Sesame Street and Wild Kratts. I recently started looking up the old Conjunction Junctions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the Schoolhouse Rock you are referring to?

      Delete
  2. A mom who is JUST.LIKE.ME! When I need to get something done or when I'm too sick to even take care of myself, I park my 5 year old in front of PBS and let her watch Wild Kratts, Peg & Cat, and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Those are her three favorite shows. When they aren't on, we go on the laptop, in my bed, and she will go to pbs.org and play the show's games. So if she isn't learning by watching, then she's learning by playing. I don't do it often, just in time of real need. Thanks for this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 7 year old loves to play the games on PBS Kids website too.

      Delete
  3. We're a PBS kind of household too! My kids love Curious George.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter loves sesame street.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love PBS and have introduced it to my grandson! My kids grew up on Sesame street! Thanks for a great post :)


    couponfreestuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen Peg and Cat, Hayley doesn't watch much PBS anymore but we LOVED the Wild Krats and I love that I'm *ahem* young enough to remember the original Wild Krats aka Zaboomafoom.

    She also liked Max and Ruby , Sid the Science Kid and Dinosaur Train.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot that was Zaboomafoom! I used to watch that too when my daughter was little!

      Delete
  7. We love PBS over here! My little guy loves Sid the Science Kid, and Curious George.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My twin boys are 6 1/2 and they love Wild Kratts! They are usually at school during Peg + Cat, but they like that one too. Unfortunately, they say they are too old for Sesame Street and that just makes me sad. :(

    Thank you so much for sharing at this week's Super Saturday Afternoon Tea Link-Up!!!

    Cindy from Superheroes and Teacups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still remember that my dad told me he watched Sesame Street when he was in college (no kids yet)! You're never too old for Sesame Street!

      Delete
  9. My kids have loved Curious George (watching it right now actually!) and Clifford. My older son likes/liked Arthur and Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Peg + Cat as much as my daughter does! We're also fans of Sid the Science Kid and Curious George. :)

    ReplyDelete