Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lessons I've Learned From My Mother

It's been a while since I've done a "Lessons I've Learned..." post. My mother just turned 60 on Friday, and we had a big surprise party for her. Though her silly family tried to make it a joke, my sister had put out slips of paper and they were to write something they loved about my mom. It was "60 reasons to love her". I thought this was a nice idea, and it got me thinking about lessons I've learned from my mother.
So, the next installment in my series..."Lessons I've Learned From My Mother". Love you, Mom!


- Always have faith. It may sound cliche, but if God brought you to it, He'll bring you through it.

- Know how to have fun and laugh. It's important to be able to let loose sometimes!

- Every once in a while, some retail therapy is nice. Just don't overdo it.

- You are never too old for hugs from Mom!

- You may not be the best of friends with your children when they are young (especially when they are teenagers!), but you are still their mom. They still love you!

- It's very important to take some time for yourself once in a while. Whether that means that retail therapy or taking an hour at church every week to be alone with God, it's vital.

- Always be there for your kids. They may be grown up, but they will always be your babies.

Thanks for being there for me, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment