It's always tough going back to work and missing your new little baby. It was very difficult with my first baby because I had to go back to work so early (she was only 6 weeks old). It's a little easier with Baby T. I wanted to get back into the adult world and not just live in the land of poopy diapers and goo goo ga ga forever. But I still miss him when I'm at work. And I miss my daughter even more than I used to as well. I guess being home with them quite often for 12 weeks will do that to a mom. Here's my list of 10 things I miss about my babies when I'm at work.
1) I miss his smile when he wakes up from his nap in a good mood or when he's happy right after he finishes eating.
2) I miss his little baby feet. (Aren't they so cute?)
3) I miss her beautiful curls.
4) I miss cuddling. With either one of them. Don't tell Miss K or she will want to cuddle all day long on the weekend!
5) I really do miss breastfeeding him. Yes, I do it when I'm home from work but with the exception of the feeding right when I get home, the rest of them are when I'm getting so tired there's not much involvement there. It was really nice to have every feeding be a breast feeding over the weekend. I'm sure he feels the same way.
6) I miss her laugh. She's got the cutest little laugh. I'm sure her brother's laugh will be just as cute once he starts laughing. (I can't wait!)
7) I miss my mid-morning nap. Yes, I know that this is not so much a son and daughter thing, but I need that nap!
8) I miss "Mommy and K days". We used to do them once a month on the day that my husband worked but I didn't. We would order Jimmy John's or go to the pizza place down the street. It was nice bonding time for us. We can still do it, but we get limited time with the whole family on the weekend so time is precious. I know she would love some time away with just mom and no baby though!
9) I miss trying to catch him doing something cute or groundbreaking. It makes me a little sad to know that I may miss the first babble, the first laugh, the first crawl, the first steps because I have to be at work. I hope his dad will break out the video camera!
10) I miss how he smells. That baby lotion smell is just one of the best smells in the world!
Absence really does make the heart grow fonder. I do miss my babies when I'm away, but that makes the time I spend with them even more precious.