Thursday, July 10, 2014

My Weight Loss Journal - I Got Stuck!

Well, I officially plateaued. I've been stuck at 170 since May. What to do now? Well, for the past month and a half I've been slacking off. I'll admit that. My daughter got out of school and there was no reason to walk 2 miles every day anymore so I stopped. I play Just Dance every once in a while. I do chores around the house to burn some calories. But all in all, I have not been on it with the exercise and I've paid the price. I also overdid it a little with the eating over the 4th of July weekend. I guess I had lost a little confidence that I could lose that last 20 pounds.

Yesterday, my parents came over and I found a video from my dad's 60th birthday. It had pictures of me at various points in time. These went back all the way to 1999, to 2007 right after my daughter was born, and around 2009 or so when I was definitely at my largest weight. Seeing how much my weight fluctuated and how small I was at times really gave me the determination to get back on track. I already look way better than I did back in 2009. I know I may never get back to how I looked in 1999, but that doesn't mean I can't try!


So today I broke out my EA Active game on the Wii. I played for 20 minutes, and I was sweating buckets! It was intense! I am going to do the 30 day challenge on this game and see how that goes. I will throw in some other workouts too, like walks to the part or just chasing the kids around the yard. We've got to get a zoo trip in again too this summer. I'm ready to lose that last 20 pounds and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment