Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quick and Easy Taco Chili

Here it is! My first recipe blog post! I don't consider myself a great cook by any means, but I came up with this new recipe. It tasted great, so I thought I would share it with my readers.

I call it...

Taco Chili!!





What you need:

2 pounds of 93% lean ground beef
2 packets of taco seasoning
2 cans of Bush's dark red kidney beans
1 tomato
1 onion

Brown the ground beef. I used a wok the combine all my ingredients. As the ground beef is browning, add beans, chopped tomato, and chopped onion. I put two cans of beans. My daughter though it was "too beanie", so you can always put less beans or more meat depending on your taste.
Since I used 93% lean ground beef, there wasn't much excess fat to drain off as it continued to cook. If you want to drain off all the extra, you can brown the beef and then add the veggies, but this will take a little longer.

Next step is to add the taco seasoning per the instructions. It is usually taco seasoning and 3/4 a cup of water per envelope. Since we are using two envelopes we will follow these instructions twice.


This can be served with rice on the side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment